Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Effortless, Glamorous Cool at Son Jung Wan FW14



Saturday I attended the FW14 show for Son Jung Wan. Son Jung Wan is a New York line by way of Korea, and good heavens, is it gorgeous. I hadn’t been 100% familiar with its distinctive look before, but I’m so glad I am now, and I’m hooked. Glamour just flows from these designs – but not in an over-the-top, dancefloor-only kind of way that glamour so often comes in. It’s more of an effortless, intrinsic glamour, coming from ensembles that are so cool, ever so slightly edgy, insanely-beautifully tailored and polished. And, of course, there are some dancefloor-ready pieces, too.

From my seat, I had a perfect view of the backs of the looks, too, which I was actually thrilled about - I got to see how much detail also went into the back, really carrying through the line's quality as well as its drama. I have to mention, too - the models wore gold glittered lipstick, and it looked sick. I need gold glittered lipstick - and somewhere to wear it.







Some pro images, courtesy of photographer Rodin Banica and Deborah Hughes, Inc.:














No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty