Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Elle Embraces Baroque for FW12

One of my favorite things in every issue of Elle is their little section of pages with collaged items that represent key trends. Every item is already amazing on its own, but when placed with other items in its trend in the haphazard collage fashion, its amazing factor soars exponentially and I HAVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING ON THE PAGE. Obviously the September issues have the best ones, and as it happens, this September kicks off the opportunity to finally wear one of my favorite trends: baroque. I wake up in a cold sweat sometimes, tortured by the fact that I can't afford the entire Balmain FW12 collection to represent the trend, but I am using it as a challenge to get resourceful and find royalty-worthy things elsewhere. For a bit of inspiration if you'd like to do the same, here are my top five favorite pages from the entire September issue of Elle, all representing the baroque trend or off-shoots of it, from needlepoint to lace. From Dolce & Gabbana to McQ Alexander McQueen, the moral of the story is to invest in all things floral, needlepoint-ed, lace-laid, gilded, beaded and dramatic. Oh, and apparently to pose in your baroque threads as if you had too much wine at the ball and are now letting the wind blow you around in the gardens.










Handbags and Hugs,

Astor

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty