Sunday, August 26, 2012

Lazy Beauty Sunday

Sometimes Sundays need to be lazy and full of beauty.

Today I took a long, relaxing shower, noticing my feet were in need of some major TLC. I only have a few weeks left to wear my summer sandals so fixing this issue became a priority. I used awesome and (at only $14.99 for two!) cheap Spongeables Pedi Scrub Foot Buffer in Lavender-Tea Tree Oil and got my toes back in sandal shape.                        


Need to know:
4 in 1, cleanser, exfoliator, massager and moisturizer
They last for 20+ washes
Super easy to use, just wet it and use the soft side cleanse and moisturize in tow with the scruffy side to exfoliate and massages your achy feet!


Now it’s time to moisturize! I don’t care what season it is, in my opinion you cannot over-moisturize. One of my favorites is Votre Vu Span Dragon Cream: it’s skin firming, antioxidant-rich and smells amazingly fresh and citrusy. Just apply a light layer from the neck down and as the cream is massaged into the skin your circulation is improved leaving you refreshed and fully moisturized.

$42 for 3.38 fl. oz. 





"Let your thirsty skin drink it in!"

Now that I am starting to feel relaxed, it's time to really step up the tranquility and light one of my favorite candles, the Tibetan Mountain Temple Soy Candle. Pacifica, honestly, has candle scents down to a science and they are ALL amazing. The 10.5 oz. size, which is $22, burns for 100 hours! (They also have two smaller sizes). Pacifica blends natural and essential oils to make a delicious perfume blend, so light the wick, sit back and relax.



Being completely in relaxation mode, it's obviously time to do my nails. Today I'm going to do a gradient manicure. It may appear a daunting task but is actually quite easy; be warned however, it can get a bit messy and you will need a few supplies!
First you will need clear and white polish. I chose to use a purple, pink, and blue for my three colors and then I did a top coat with the opalescent color all of the way on the right. You will need three colors for the manicure, but you can chose any three you want and there is no need to do an opalescent top coat if you don’t want to.

You will also need to buy some make-up sponges. Get the cheapest ones you can find and cut them in half.




Secondly, paint your nails white. While this isn't a necessary step, it does help; when you sponge on the three colors on a plain nail colors don't show up as vibrant as they do when you sponge them onto a white painted nail.




Next you want to paint stripes onto your sponge. Use PLENTLY of polish for this, the sponge will absorb most of the polish so you really want to glob it on there.



Now just put the sponge against your nail to apply the color, and yes, its fine to go over the same area more than once. You will need however to apply more polish to the sponge after each nail. Your finger will get polish on them, so use a Q-tip to clean up your fingers after you're done.

Voila! Look how beautiful your nails are!


I am ready to lay back and start reading the September Issue of Vogue.

Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty