Thursday, April 4, 2013

DIY: Headphones That Turn Heads

 

Am I the only one who spends at least ten minutes every single morning trying to untangle my headphones? When I put them back in my bag I wrap them up all nice-like but without fail they are in a knotty mess the next morning.

I finally found a solution - it's practical and it looks cute! I used string (which you can also use to make friendship bracelets) from a craft store. They come in a million colors but I chose pink, blue and lime green for spring. And you will of course need a pair of headphones.
 
 

Start by cutting your string about twice as long as the headphones. (If it ends up not being long enough you can always add more). Tie the string in a knot towards the end of the headphones.



If you don't know how to do a Chinese staircase you just need to make a number "4" around the cord and pull tight.



Continue with your knots and go over the original knot you made with the string around the cord. Who wants a knot showing at the end?

Once you reach the part where the headphones split just continue on your knotting way on one of the two cords.
 
 
 
 The same goes for volume button on the cord.


 


When you get to the end, at the ear bud, just try a knot.
 
After you tie your knot just tuck it into the piece that connects the cord to the ear bud. Voila, knot hidden.
 
 
 
Enjoy you adorable (and knot resistant) creation!
 
Perfectly Glossed Kisses,
 
Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty