Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ciate's Very Colourfoil Manicure Put to the Test



Astor got me Ciate’s Very Colourfoil Manicure kit and I needed to try it immediately. This kit comes with the grey polish, the glue and 30 foil strips. You may remember that I have also used Ciate’s Caviar Manicure.



The first step is to paint your nails; I used the included gray nail polish. But you can use any color polish that tickles your fancy! Let the nail polish dry completely, don’t be impatient.


 
After your nail polish has dried you will want to use the glue and put a few drops on each nail. You also want to make sure that you wait for the glue to dry a little bit, until it’s tacky. Put the glue anywhere you want the foil to show up.


Now that the glue has started to dry and is tacky-ish, it’s time to stick on the foil. The kit comes with many different color choices. Place the foil on your nail with the shiny side up and press down for a few seconds and then rip the foil off your nail; you may need to do this a few times. (Yes, I did originally put the shiny side onto my nail and couldn’t figure out why no color was showing up).


 
This is what your nails will look like after you press (and rip off) the foil.
 


I repeated pressing on the foil and ripping it off so that I got better coverage. I should have stopped with one color (even though the kit says you can use as many colors as you want to until your entire nail is covered) because this would have made the manicure last much longer. But it just wasn’t as exciting for me, so I covered all of my nails completely.


 
After I did the pink foil I added more glue and then used the green foil, and repeated the same steps with the silver foil. This was the finished result.

 

Finally I used some glitter polish as a top coat to really make these nail pop! This polish didn’t come with the kit, I already owned it. Of course this step is not necessary.

 
 
Aaaand this is the manicure after three days. Certainly not very cute, the foil started peeling and left my nails a little bit sticky. Just like Ciate’s Caviar Manicure kit, the end result was very fun but the manicure doesn’t last long. This is a fun manicure for the night of an event or a weekend away, but don’t count on it to survive for longer than a few days!
Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton

2 comments:

health and beauty