Thursday, September 27, 2012

DIY: Prabal Gurung SS13 Blood-Dipped Manicure

"Oh my, are you bleeding?" is not something you really want to hear... unless you have an amazing "blood-dipped manicure" on your finger tips. Prabal Gurung used 'blood-dipped' nails on their models and we all swooned, well at least Astor and I did, because we have deep, dark souls.



As I know (due to Astor updating me on fashion news about 14 times a day) the color oxblood has become a huge hit for fall and, bonus, we are getting close to Halloween which means you really need to dip your nails in blood - well, oxblood-hued nail polish. 

Astor loved this manicure and asked me to try it out on her, and being the amazing and loving sister that I am, I agreed. (Okay, fine, I made her agree to let me borrow her gold-plated YSL loafers.)

First I had her paint a coat on clear polish on her nails, I am not her slave contrary to what she may believe and I made her do this step on her own.



After the clear dried, I painted a fat line across the edge of her nail, really lay it on thick, and the line doesn’t need to be straight. Then use a toothpick (or something similar, i.e. bobby pin) and drag the line upwards toward your cuticle in a few different spots to get the 'dripping' effect.


Finally, you will want to pour out a tiny bit of the polish and dip the toothpick in, then apply the polish somewhere on the nail not connected to the french tip.

You want to be asymmetrical; if your pointed finger has 'blood' dripping more on the right side of the finger your next nail should have 'blood' dripping on the left side.


This manicure was much easier than I anticipated, I promise.
Would love for you try it out and send me a picture!

Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty