Saturday, September 1, 2012

Self Tan Like a Pro With Supergoop!

I am all for lying on the beach in the sun, drinking something tropical while reading Elle or Lucky magazine and getting a nice even tan. If you can think of a job that incorporates all of those activities do let me know. Until then, I have to self-tan. Now, self-tanning can be VERY tricky and if not done incorrectly you will look like an oompa loompa.


After a few unfortunate mishaps I believe I have mastered the art of self tanning. Follow my lead and you will be glowing all year!
1.) Take a shower and use a scrub head to toe
2.) Towel dry
3.) Apply a plain, unscented moisturizer on hands, elbows, knees and ankles. Wait a few minutes for it to absorb into skin.
4.) Now you are ready to apply your self-tanner. You will want to apply the self tanner head to toe including your face, don't forget your hairline. Apply all over your body including the areas you have already applied moisturizer to.

My favorite self tanner is Supergoop! Gradual Self-Tanning Sunscreen Mousse, it is foolproof. Even for a beginner this is an extremely easy product to use, because it is gradual: each time you use it you get a deeper color so you can build to your ideal 'tan'.

Most self tanners have the WORST smell, but this one somehow smells very fresh and summery, (like green tea & cucumbers!). You can put it on and walk out the door. It truly doesn’t rub off on your clothes. And for all of you lazy girls, it’s really a 3-in-1 product: SPF 20, self tanner and moisturizer that gives you a pretty sheen.

Need to know: Anti Oxidant-Rich, safe for sensitive skin, water resistant.

Do you have any self tanning tips? Email me sobbingonfifth@gmail.com and let me know!!

Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post. I have learnt so much from this blog.I like your blog.Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

health and beauty