Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Perfume: How to Wear It and What to Wear

As you may have noticed I am just a tiny bit interested in beauty products. But I must admit I learned so much from reading the Fall 2012 ‘Allure: Insiders’ Guide to Beauty & Style Special Issue’ about perfume. So I am going to share some perfume buying tips with you!

Finding the right scent for you:
-Test out your scents in the middle of the day, that’s when your sense of smell is strongest.
-Don’t wear scented products (other perfume, creams, etc.) when you are trying & buying a new perfume, as the scents may clash.
-When trying a perfume give it a good 15 min to fully develop, so obv you need to continue shopping for something other than perfume and then go back later.

Applying:
-Mornings: spray your wrists, a touch on your clothing and some behind your knees (sounds weird but throughout the day the scent will evaporate and rise up so you will be able to smell it all day
-Night time: Spray behind your neck and behind your ears
-NOT SO STRONG: I don’t care how amazing your perfume smells no one wants to be choked by it! You should be holding the bottle 5 to 7 inches away from you, and you only need one spray per area. Ideally you spray outward and then walk into the mist (but be aware this will use up your perfume more quickly).

Storing your perfume:
-Get that perfume out of the bathroom! The temperature & humidity can alter the scent.
-You can store your perfumes on your dresser (or somewhere that sunlight or strong lamps won’t hit it), but ideally throw them in the fridge (who knew right?)

Now I know you are DYING to know what Astor and I are wearing and I am feeling extremely generousso I will tell you. We almost always wear a scent by Robert Piguet. I wear a few different scents but I would have to say my favorite is the Fracas scent; this is their most iconic scent, and also a celebrity favorite (I’m sure that’s thanks to me). Fracas has Tuberose in it, if you are not familiar with that scent I suggest you go and find it immediately! I also wear Mademoiselle and Notes.


Astor and I may be sisters but we do not have the same taste in perfume, she tends to wear Oud which warm and chocolaty. When she isn’t wearing that one she goes between Bois Noir and Casbah.


But no need to take my word for it (although I honestly have no idea why that’s not enough, I am a Van Brigsby in case you forgot) you can just ask Sophia Coppola, Silvia Fendi, Anna Sui, Vera Wang or Uma Thurman as they all love Robert Piguet as well. Still not convinced? (OMG you have got to be kidding me, who do you think you are?) You can just take a look at almost any magazine - Allure, Instyle, Elle or Lucky - and see all of the awards and mentions this brand has. Now throw on your Nicky Kirkwoods and head over to Bergdorfs, Bendels or Barneys and go test some perfume!

Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton





No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty