Monday, January 28, 2013

SOF Wish List: Moda Operandi

We shop. You shop. Everyone shops. That's why we're here, right? By "here" I mean on this blog, not on this earth. That would be shallow - and yet, let's be honest, it's totally true. Shopping is the meaning of life. (How much better would existential ponder pieces like "Tree of Life" be if instead of showing Sean Penn wandering through canyons in a suit, he was parading up and down Fifth Avenue on a shopping spree? That's a movie I would watch.) And, because we're not trust fund babies (anymore...bitter? Us?) , we do a lot of wish-listing. We bet you do, too. It's fun, and it's how you keep track of everything you covet when you can't afford to just buy everything you see. You make a list to know what you're coming back for. If you're organized about anything in your life, it should be this. Since wish-listing is one of Sutton's and my all-time favorite hobbies, we're happy to start sharing our wish lists with you. And we would be thrilled to pieces to know what you want, too, so do tell in the comments. Today, our Moda Operandi wish list.
 
What Sutton wants:



Soft, comfortable and laid back? Check. I would like to put this MSGM sweatshirt over everything. it would be perfect with jeans and ballet flats for a weekend brunch But the versatility of this sweatshirt is really what makes it for me. It works just as well with a pencil skirt and heals.


This Valentino dress is a study in contradictions. I love the hot pink, leopard-print ruffles balanced with a school girlish white collar and cuffs. Crisp, clean and wild. It’s the perfect mix of uptown prim and proper and downtown edge.


What I want:

This Marni dress is the kind of frock I'd wear every day (well, I'd want to, I wouldn't actually because that would be gross) in the spring and summer. It's finally a chance to wear a great Marni print without the unflattering silhouettes the brand can be so fond of - it's got the perfect nipped-in waist.
 
Again, I'm going to go with something because of its practicality - so unlike me! But I would so wear these Aquazurra sandals everyday, I love how the print in the back is eye-catching but the straps are understated, plus they look super comfy. 


I've wanted an Aurelie Bidermann dipped lace cuff forever, and I think it's about time I bit the bullet. So delicate, intricate and different, it's a timeless statement piece.


Handbags and Hugs, 

Astor

1 comment:

  1. El brazalete es maravilloso. Gracias por compartir. Quiero invitarte esta vez a ver mi ultimo shooting, con Juliana Gonzalez, muévete a verlo. Besos y besos.

    ReplyDelete

health and beauty