Thursday, November 1, 2012

Finding Fashion on Etsy

As you know, I've been relying on eBay to find high-end wares at low prices. I never thought of Etsy - not the same idea, no, but just as brilliant. Whereas on eBay, you're scouring for the actual designer pieces at lower prices, on Etsy you're finding the same looks but for less. And they're not knock-offs, they're something much cooler: a crafter or artist or vintage maven's unique, one-of-a-kind creation. I've been noticing on some of my favorite blogs that Etsy and its fashion-inspired treats are catching on fast - Canned Fashion features this sweet lips ring that's so Solange Azagury Partridge, yet not. 

In case you're new to using Etsy to work your favorite trends, here are a few examples of searches that have gone the way of success for me.

One day I woke up driven - driven - to own something Tom Binns or at least something that looks like it. I just knew it was destiny, I needed neon crystals and neon cameos. But without the funds to do so, I turned to Etsy and searched just that - neon crystal jewelry and neon cameo jewelry.


This sick neon cameo ring is only $16.


Neon crystals AND neon cameos! Just $12. Seriously. 


Art Deco in a bright primary palette - and this necklace is only $17.50. 


Speaking of cameos, another trend I find myself searching for is baroque. You know by now it's my favorite trend - ever - but the designers that are synonymous with the style story are not-so-affordable labels like Dolce & Gabbana and Balmain. So, what can we find on Etsy?




Okay, try to get past how this is being modeled, because it's a sick jacket. Gold and black embroidery? It's opulent and totally on trend, and only $63.


How cute are these little lace-effect carved earrings? Just $10.


Thanks to the too-cool works of 3.1 Phillip Lim, Kenzo, Carven and so on, graphic sweaters are all the rage. So, I thought, why not check and see if Etsy's got the trend covered?


This hipster-chic oversized vintage sweater is Aubin & Wills meets Nintendo Duck Hunt. And it's only $30.


This one actually is very Kenzo, with its bright palette and graphic florals - and $22 seems too good to be true, and yet it's very true.


If it's more geometric you want, this '80s-era sweater has you covered, for only $19.95.

Handbags and Hugs, 

Astor


No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty