Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Holiday Dessert Nails

I wanted to create a festive manicure for Thanksgiving but didn't want one that looks too Christmas-y (don't worry, those manis will be coming soon). So I came up with this one:


I used Sephora by OPI in The Way Tutu His Heart polish, Julep in Vivien American Beauty and some gems from the craft store.


I started by using two coats of the pale pink on my nails, after a base coat of course. I left those dry while I started making my list for Santa.


This step was super easy. Apply the glittery polish to the tips of nails similar to a French manicure. No need to do a perfect line, it looks much cuter when it is messy. Like you dipped your fingers in gold.



Finally, I applied some gems along the top moon of my nails. This is a bit tedious, but well worth the effort. Paint a coat of clear polish on one nail and then stick three gems along the top, and continue with all ten fingers. Apply 1 to 2 coats of clear polish to make sure that the gems don't fall off.


Now you have a glittery, sugar-coated manicure that looks good enough to eat. Your Thanksgiving guests might confuse your festive nails for the dessert! Which could get awkward...but at least you have pretty, glittering nails.


Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty