Friday, November 23, 2012

What We're Wearing

Thanksgiving. Spending time with your family, laughing, talking, creating new memories. Or, is it yelling, arguing, wishing you were with your friends? Maybe a little of both. Just because you're stuffing your face while wearing your most stretchy pants and not seeing anyone to flirt with doesn't mean you can completely look like a slob. You don't have to go all out and look super glam but don't put in zero effort. Yesterday I wore Napoleon Perdis DéVine Goddess Lipstick in Aphrodite. Red lips are perfect when you don't want to put on a full face of makeup. They are my go-to when I want to look great and don't have a lot of time: moisturizer and red lips. I'm ready to walk out the door. No, I can't see you but yes, you can definitely pull off red lips. Anyone can with the right shade.

Napoleon Perdis DéVine Goddess Lipstick in Aphrodite

Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton


Well, I survived Black Friday. I don't want to tell any of you who live in the New York area how surprisingly calm and non-nightmarish Woodbury Commons was - I was told by everyone it was a total massacre and now I think that's something Woodbury shoppers tell newbies to keep them away. Smart move, shoppers, smart move. I'll join you in that. Anyway, you don't even want to see what I was wearing last night. It involved Uggs, which meant breaking a lifetime ban of the shoes I hate so much. But it was desperate times, I was serious about getting my designer discounts. I couldn't let the cold I would have felt in my YSL loafers or the eventual ache from standing so long in my rag & bone boots distract me, or worse, interrupt me. But I made it through successfully - I got this Carven jacket and Thakoon Addition dress plus two wallets I'm giving as holiday presents all for $200. Like WHAT? I'm going to be riding this shopping high until New Year's. 


I'm through my dark period of dressing now, and heading to the Boyfriend's for Thanksgiving Round Two. I'm wearing my new beloved but oh-so-painful gold-plated YSL loafers with a gold Topshop sweater, my vintage leather jacket, Asos jersey skirt and Reed Krakoff Mini Standard bag. Oh, and I'm also wearing my hair in my face. It's windy.


Hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving and good luck with your discount shopping madness.

Handbags and Hugs,

Astor

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty