Thursday, December 27, 2012

Glossy Box

My life has been changed. I received my Glossy Box. I am not exaggerating, it was literally a life-changing event. This monthly box comes with five travel-size beauty samples, none so tiny you will get only one use. I have fallen in love with each and every one, not one item I didn't use and love.




I was basically shaking with excitement when I opened the box; I needed to know if it would be worth the money.




At this point, before I had already opened the box to see the products I was already very pleased. The actual box it comes with is so pretty. Light pink with brown lining and very thick. This is not a box I will be throwing away.




Ahhh look at all of this... before I even get to the products I must tell you what else came in the box. They had a NuMe $100 gift certificate. They have a blow dryer and straightener that I want, and can now buy for almost free with my gift card! 

The box also included a "GLOSSYBOX Mag". A magazine full of great ideas, products and tips. After reading it I then needed to do some shopping, it even included an amazing gift guide for all of the girls on your list. 

And finally a card with all of the products in the box; names, prices and tips on how to use them.






This Truffle Serum by Skin&Co Roma is a new fave product of mine. I have been using it day and night, and can truthfully tell you that it has brightened and toned my skin. I can get weary about serums; while they are a needed skin care step they can often not smell the best. This Truffle Serum smells great and I have no issue applying it all over. 




This might have to be my favorite perfume, the solid perfume stick by Perfumies - Blue Skies. Perfume is a risky product to give to someone else or to receive for a gift. Not many people like the same scents. Although, I find it hard to believe that someone would not like this: it reminds me of clean, fresh laundry. Tiny packaging, slips right into the pocket of my bag. Easy for touch ups throughout the day. 




I know that you are aware of Argan Oil, rich in Vitamin E and other beneficial fatty acids. NuMe Style Argan Oil works on skin and hair. Non-greasy, it's fine for all skin types. I have been applying the Truffle Serum and following with this on my face. Last night I slathered it all over my hair before I went to bed. Of course I woke up so late and didn't have time to shower. I was worried about having this in my hair all night and not having time to wash it out. I was totally wrong (I know, it shocked me as well). My hair was soft and not at all greasy. I now apply it daily.





I ran to the bathroom to wash my face with Lierac's gentle facial scrub. The reason that I love this product is that it has tiny 'scrubbies' as I like to cal them, which clean my skin and get rid of the top layer of dead skin cells. BUT it is a gel-oil based so it also nourishes my skin and leaves it super soft. 




I have been quite antsy to true a blue eyeliner. But not positive that it would look good which left me in an awkward position. Do I try a cheap drug store blue eyeliner to find out if it works for me? If so, what if I don't like it, but it turns out that I would have liked it if it had been a better brand? Do I go out and just buy an expensive one? What if I then decide I hate it and am now stuck with an expensive, unusable liner? Yes, these are the things one must consider. My worries were over when I got my Glossybox; it included Illamasqua eyeliner in a gorgeous blue.  I can now tell you that I do look great in a blue eyeliner. This one is soft and creamy, applies easily and now I think I need to buy a black one from Illamasqua.


Need to know:
-Unlike some boxes, these can be shipped to 15 different countries.
-One month is $21, which can be canceled at anytime. (Promise you won't want to.)
-Save if you sign up for more than one month.
-Best part? You fill out a very in-depth beauty profile and they ask many important questions: skin type, skin coloring, hair type, if your hair is color treated, natural hair color, eye color, favorite beauty brand, age, how much you spend on beauty products per month and your personal style (Astor's favorite question). With these questions you will be sure to get things you want.

Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty