Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Nail Care

If you have ever read my posts, you know how much I love doing my nails. But it can come at a price. Let's face it, polish and remover, (repeat again and again and again...) can take its toll. A reader asked the question "How do you keep your nails healthy changing the polish so often????? Regards, Concerned." These tips will get your nails in tip top shape and enable your mani to last much longer. I will share my magic tips so your nails can be as lovely as mine.


Tip One
 
$9.50 Nailtiques Formula 2
 
I always use Nailtiques Formula 2 Nail Protein as a base coat. They recommend it as a treatment for "soft, peeling, bitten, weak or thin" nails. This product is of course great if you have any of these life-altering conditions; which, by the way, my heart goes out to you. Luckily I wouldn't describe my nails like that and don't want them to be any of those awful things. With all the polish I apply and remove weekly I know I have to be careful. In addition to using it as a base coat I'll apply it on top of my polish before a shiny topcoat. This will prolong the life of your mani.



Tip Two
$9 Josie Maran Bear Naked Nail Wipes

I will occasionally use Josie Maran Bear Naked Nail Wipes. These little wipes actually smell GOOD (I swear!). I was tired of carrying around a bottle of remover and cotton balls in my bag which lead me to purchase these at Sephora. They remove polish and moisturize your nails and cuticles. They do leave me a bit greasy-feeling so get a tissue and wipe off the excess. However, they do not work on glitter polish, unless you have a hundred years to scrub.



Tip Three

Google Images

Stop using your nails as tools, enough said.


Tip Four

$11 CND Cuticle Eraser

I also live by CND Cuticle Eraser, I apply it daily. I do not like to do anything with my cuticles as it really grosses me out (but I support you if you're not as lucky as me and need to push them back or trim them). This is my favorite cuticle helper.

Tip Five


My last tip is always use a cotton ball with nail polish remover and do a swipe over your nails before you paint them. This lets the polish adhere better and removes any dirt or oil from your nails.

Let me know if you have any tips for me to try.



Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty