Friday, July 19, 2013

What We're Wearing


The Chanetecaille Ultra Sun Protection Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF primer (how’s that for a mouthful?!) is a miracle product. Used under makeup or on its own, the ultra-light lotion protects my skin from the sun and creates a perfectly smooth canvas for makeup (not that I’ve been wearing much in this 1000 degree weather we’ve been having).  Did I mention that it’s water-resistant, oil and paraben-free. It is. Now go get it before your face melts off.
Perfectly Glossed Kisses,
Sutton









Yesterday I broke the shocking news that I was wearing Birkenstocks. Well, guess what. It went really well so I’m wearing them again today. For some strange reason, I am spiritually gravitating toward the mandal styles of the likes of Jil Sander, Marni and Celine. Not usually my style, and my story arc of a mandal relationship has gone from hatred and disgust to tolerance to favor to obsession. 


Inspiration in question - Marni sandals at The Corner

However, I’m not sure how long such a heated passion will last, as these affairs tend to be fleeting. Therefore, before I bite the bullet on a higher, Marni-esque price tag, I decided to test-drive the look with the style that started it all and yet is still so much cheaper: Birkenstocks. I actually scored these babies brand new on eBay for $39.95. I decided I HAD to have white after seeing the Katie Ermilio resort collection and how it was styled on Moda Operandi.  


Don't pay full price, either, this is a trend you can work for next to nothing. Head here to eBay!

Handbags and Hugs,

Astor



No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty