Monday, October 15, 2012

Normal People are Street Style Stars, Too

You're all stars to me and blah, blah, blah, but I know some of us out there would like to be street style stars, so I thought I'd help you out. Every now and then, I'll find us a rad street style shot, but instead of recommending you take a second job at night, I'll find you affordable - even cheap - pieces to recreate the look. Just get the pieces, pop on some saucer-sized shades, and pretend to talk on the phone.


The only thing missing will be your trip to Paris...


The oh-so-cool varsity jacket everyone is coveting this season? Done, for only $24.80 (what the what?) at Forever 21.

You'll need an athletic sweatshirt to really re-create this look, but I say you can use whatever the H-E-double-hockey-sticks you please. If you should so choose, however, here's a sporty hoodie for $58.50 at Victoria's Secret.



Free People skirt, $41.16 (on sale!) at Bloomingdales

The skirt in the picture is just dreamy, right? But it goes back to the problem I cited previously about being kinda totally unrealistic. I mean, we see London, we see France...So, not only did I find you a cheaper version, but I also found you one that won't you arrested. You're welcome.




Last but not least, you need to end this sporty-meets-ladylike-with-edge look on a simple note with classic black pumps. If this outfit requires you to invest in a new pair, it's worth it, since there's nothing this type of shoe doesn't work with. They'll be chic forever - which is pretty good, considering this pair from Guess  is on sale for just $50.

Handbags and Hugs,

Astor

2 comments:

  1. Can we talk about the ankle straps? I thought she had matching anklets at first but I kind of love those shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought they were anklets at first, too! I'm definitely on the hunt for shoes like that - but matching anklets could do the trick for now!

    ReplyDelete

health and beauty