Tuesday, September 24, 2013

DIY Dream Catcher


I am, as always, doing some redecorating of my apartment. I decided to make my own (super girly) dream catcher to hang by my bed.

Items you will need:
Circle hoop (I used a wood, cross stitch frame)
String (The more colors, the more fun!)
Beads
Feathers
Glue (Easiest if you use a hot glue gun)




I started by using a pink string to tie a knot around the hoop, and then applied a dot of glue to hold it in place.



I zig-zagged the string around the hoop; using dots of glue to hold it in place so it didn't slip. After a few wraps I started adding beads.



I continued until I was satisfied with the center of the dream catcher.



Next, I used a shimmery blue string to start wrapping the outside of the hoop.



I thought it would be cute to do the blue string three quarters around the hoop and then switch to a shimmery yellow. (FYI I ran out of blue string didn't it come out cute though?)



I bought some pastel colored feathers at the craft store. I added a dot of glue to the tip of the feather and used a shimmery green string to wrap the tip of the feather. 



I strung some cheap pearl beads, (purchased from a craft store) to the string attached to the feathers. Finally, I used another dot of glue to secure the green string to the hoop and then kept each string (attached to the feathers) a different length.



Totally loving the finished product!

Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty