Friday, September 13, 2013

DIY: Flower Vase

I LOVE having fresh flowers in my apartment. They are the cheapest, easiest way to dress up a room. Every time I buy flowers I pick different colors and types to change it up. So, I’m sure that you’re not surprised that I am bored with clear, glass vases. I like my flowers to be matchy-matchy with the vase. Because there are endless colors and shades of flowers, my vase collection was getting quite expensive; I needed to improvise.


image

I started with a glass bottle from Starbucks and soaked it in hot water until I could peel the sticker off.


image

I spray painted the entire bottle white and then painted the top half green. (Spray painting the bottle first enables the green to show up and not look streaky.)
After the paint was dry, I used a paint brush to cover the bottom half of the bottle in Modge Podge and applied a piece of origami paper. (You could also use wrapping paper.) I then covered the entire bottle in a coat of Modge Podge.


image

Leave about an inch or so over paper underneath the bottle. Fold the excess paper onto the bottle of the bottle and cover it with Modge Podge.


The paper was now sure to stay on, and the bottle had a nice, shiny finish. Without this step the paper will get ruined if wet.


image

After the bottle was dry I used my hot glue gun to glue on some gems.



image

Ta-Da! You’re new vase is complete. Now go buy some matching flowers!


Perfectly Glossed Kisses,
Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty