Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Night Time Skincare Routine

Every night I have a must-do skincare regimen and you should too! I keep everything I need in my bedside table and get to work before I get some sleep. I often switch up my skincare products, but I always follow the same steps. You should be removing all eye makeup and washing your face every night. NYC grime on your pillow? I think not. Think washing your face and hitting the hay is enough? Think again.


I start by using a peel on my face, neck and the backs of my hands. Dr. Dennis Gross makes one of my favorite peels – The Alpha Beta Peel. This two-step process is gentle enough to use every night and leaves my skin soft and smooth. After wiping the first pad all over, I wait two minutes and follow with pad number two. 
 
 
 
I NEVER skip eye cream, no matter how tired I am. The thin, delicate skin around your eyes is the first area to show signs of aging. I am using Beauty Society’s Immortal Eyes. With time-released ceramides, Vitamin A,C,E, and peptides, this smoothing, lifting, wrinkle and fine line removing cream is perfection.
 

 
Time for a serum. Serums are liquid-like and penetrate deeper into your skin then a cream will. No matter what skin concerns you have, there is a serum for you - sun damage, acne, dark spots, signs of aging, dryness or oiliness, you will benefit from a serum. After applying your serum, wait a few minutes for it to fully absorb into your skin. (If after a few minutes you can still see and feel it on your face you're using too much.) I love Nature’s Gate Borage Serum. I know I will be waking up with smooth skin in the morning when I’m using this.



Lastly, I apply my night cream. A day moisturizer is not the same thing as a night cream. Night creams are often thicker and more moisturizing than day creams. I am using Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration NightCream –no wrinkles for me, thank you very much. Now that the weather is getting cooler I need some extra moisture.

 

Perfectly Glossed Kisses,

Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment

health and beauty